Not this time

I want to ask you just who you think you are. What makes you think that you can try to use me when I'm at my lowest. Don't tell me you're being a friend to me, you never have been and I certainly don't want you as one now.

My vision is clouded right now and my judgment may be impaired but I'm clever enough to see when someone is being fake and I'm still strong enough to push you away. I do not need you, and I never have.

You call yourself a close friend, when the only time you ever needed our friendship was when you were feeling low and down and needed an ego boost. Well, not any more. The tables have turned, and now that for once, in the almost five years that we've known each other, I need someone, you're not interested in anything apart from what you can gain from it.

I'm not going to be your play thing, that you pick up and throw around when you're bored. Don't think I don't see through you, don't think I can't see that you're only interested in me because there's nobody better around. One day, though, you'll realise that it's hard to get better than the person who stays awake for hours to talk you through your make-believe problems while trying to deal with their own at the same time.

And I can guarantee you, that you will miss me. Because the next time you want me, I won't be there. And that's a promise that I'm keeping.

Goodbye to you, I hope you find someone else to be your emotional trampoline.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Invisible Entity. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.